Blog Moved

This blog has moved to http://dereksweetoys.com/

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

World of Warcrack

Over a year since I last blogged and it's mostly down to the time I've been spending in Azeroth, the setting of the Masssively Multplayer Online Game World of Warcraft. I've been playing the game a lot, mostly in the company of my son Duncan. Here's my warrior Minimax (left) pictured in Nagrand with Duncan's hunter Vomo and his pet Paws (right).


I've enjoyed playing WoW a lot, and it can be a very sociable activity as Duncan and I can sit at adjacent computers on the home network.


All this 0nline activity has led to a huge reduction in the amount of time I've been spending with my other toys so my New Year's resolution was to do more miniatures wargaming in 2008. I've had some success in this, largely thanks to another WoW, Wings of War from Fantasy Flight Games.

This simple WWI aeroplane game has taken off big style at the South East Scotland Wargames Club and is very popular with Duncan and his friends.

The prepainted miniatures for this game are amazing value, especially with the club discount we get from Jules at Figures in Comfort, and some of them are easily "converted" with minor brush work, to give flights of different planes from the same squadron. I'll post some pictures of my planes soon.

No comments: